A BEFORE & AFTER IN PROGRESS

Not waiting for all the items to arrive, I moved forward with the installation of another space for my client: transforming a FL town home master bedroom. The clients main request: Romantic, clean and comfortable. Although I had originally planned on creating a soft wall of curtains to shift the bed to, the view from in bed wasn't as pleasant. We both agreed the bed would remain on its existing wall.



Window panels and hardware I ordered on 10/14 are on back order until December 8. In the meantime, I removed old panels and utilized the existing decorative rod with Link Burnout Sheers I picked up at West Elm. They continue a subtle play with pattern in the space.


Clients first rug choice on order.
Round mirrors selected from her (now) favorite store: ZGallerie.



The painter was unavailable to paint until today (or tomorrow).  Knowing there is a Sherwin Williams near by, I brought their fan deck with me to see the colors withing the space, especially with the existing tile. Vero had mentioned she didn't particularly care for grey, and the rest of the has is more golden, I showed her some warm taupes. the color selected: Sherwin Williams Tony Taupe in a satin finish, which will give a warm glow in candlelight (how romantic!). To spice up the space some more, and layer in another play with pattern, I am considering wide stripes across bed wall in the same color but two finishes. After painting the space, both of the floor standing mirrors will be mounted to the wall and accent height in space. A round mirror will be mounted over the bed.





Although this 5x7 Thomas O Brien fret rug was a great deal at only $35 on Target.com, the client prefers the first rug choice. I'm ordering it today, and utilizing this rug for another bedroom installation - at my moms - since I was going to have ordered another anyways.






The legs of the existing pair of cream Jacquard antique slipper chairs will be stained Jacobean. They originally belonged to her Aunt who brought them back from Germany years ago. Vero had them reupholstered and they have been in several of her homes throughout the years. Although I had originally planned two benches in the niches with mirrors, she was VERY happy to see the chairs utilized in her updated bedroom.







Although I didn't capture a shot of her walking into the space, she happily exclaimed - "WOW!!! I LOVE IT!! Especially the mirrors and being able to use the slipper chairs! I would have never thought to put mirrors in these two spaces - I would have just put pictures. But the mirrors really work!" She also really likes the transformation of the space by just simply changing the semi-flush mount light fixture to the black drum shade with crystal droplets chandy I found on eBay. Vero said, "It really adds to the romantic elegance of the room."



I'm keeping the palette neutral, so she can switch the pops of color in the spring (maybe with pink or blue - which will work with the Tony taupe walls when they are painted). The inspiration to add the pop of red came to me when I saw pictures of her in her red costume. She looked really good in red, so I looked up these images for a red & pattern mix and inspration...



I don't always like the "Bed In A Bag" look of some comforter sets, so I mixed high and low bedding patterns in the mix: The comforter is actually the reverse side of a Dwell Studio set I found online at Target.com, but the oversized patterned 20x20 pillows are from ZGallerie. I played with some of the options at home on Friday night prior to installing on Saturday. What wasn't used is being returned today...




Comforter & Printed Shams: Dwell Studio
Fret print sheets & rug: Thomas O Brien
B&W 20x20 Pillows: ZGallerie
B&W slipper chair dec pillows: Anna's Linens
Black euro pillow shams: Anna's Linens
Red Velvet Pillow, Fret TOB frames & Silverleaf tray: Target
Red fur & pom-pom throw: pier One
2 Full legnth mirrors & 2 accent tables: Homegoods
Mercury accessories: TJMaxx & Homegoods
Mercury Glass ball lamps: Pier One
Black shade chandy w/droplets: eBay
Console table at window: Amazon.com
Links Burnout Sheers: West Elm
3 Glass Tapers on console: Ikea
Sherwin Williams wall color (coming): Tony Taupe
Tri-colored grommet window panels (coming): JCP Studio
Silver hardware w/crystal ball finial: JCP Cindy Crawford




Fluffy white cat: Not included...
I can't wait to see the space painted, the mirrors mounted and the window panels & hardware installed. But the space has already transformed from what it was before...




This space wasn't as 'thrifty' as the common areas downstairs,
but most importantly... Vero is VERY happy at how
her house is transforming into a home...



LINKING THIS POST TO:








 

15 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous..................great job for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are über-talented. Love the chic, glam look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job girl!
    You make it look sooooo easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look that you have going on in this bedroom...drooling over those cool pillows!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    Need some Christmas cash? Hop over and enter my gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much eye candy -- love it!
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that bedding!!!!!! That just made my day!!! I picked it out after we got married and had tons of gift cards from Target. That made me smile :) Great job, Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. All of the furniture, fabrics and accessories you have selected for this room are just gorgeous. Everything is coming together beautifully. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, very chic and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mix of patterns. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really well pulled together. Come visit our new website, we may have some things you like for other projects.
    Best,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great combinations. love those big pillows on the bed. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an incredible job with this room. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynda - Simply gorgeous! Love the colors and patterns. I featured this on the Sunday Showcase Round Up. Thanks so much for joining in the fun! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great!! I love the slipper chair with the mirror, and the big pillows on the bed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails