SIMPLE & ORGANIC VIGNETTES OF WEST ELM

While stuck in major traffic in Midtown Miami the other day, I pulled over to let it die down and popped into West Elm. The store (and the service) was never better! I was greeted by several smiling and eager to help associates as I slowly wondered around the store... taking in all the simple & organic vignettes set around the store. Sure we all flip through shelter magazines, store catalogs and design blogs for inspiration, but sometimes some of the best inspirations come from touring amazing visual presentation set in home decor stores. Here are some of the focal points I saw...








SIMPLE * CLEAN * MODERN * FRESH








As I walked around I also couldn't help but notice just how many associates there were (about eight) - and all wearing name badges. As the thought "Walk Through" popped into my head, I looked up and there at the door stood a cluster of corporate executives. If you ever want to see a store set on their best game - definitely visit during the day of a visit. The only sad part was the exects weren't quite as friendly as the store associates, which is a shame since they are the ones in power to set examples and set the tone for customer service in stores. And these days, it's not only style & price that drives sales, it is the level of engagement in customer service.

GREAT JOB MIDTOWN MIAMI WEST ELM TEAM!!

 

9 comments:

  1. Great photos ~ What a great shop. Love that green spread

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love WE I have never been in one, the closest is in Dallas, however I order from their catalog all the time. Thanks for the tour, it was like being there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love West Elm too and just like Lisa, I've never been in one!

    Great idea for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. West Elm have some fab bits dont they. Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been in a West Elm. Love, your new header! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. * Interesting closing to your blog (re "The Executives"), Lynda, and I couldn't agree with you more!!! Those people lost a BIG OPPORTUNITY to set a primo example for their employees (& non-verbally, no less, which I believe to be the MOST effective method of training, anyway!). Quite honestly, it bothers me IMMENSELY when customers are treated like THEY'RE "interupting" those whose very job I*S "service"!!! SHAME ON THEM, but it sounds like it's KUDOS for the working staff!!!

    Hope all is well with y'all!

    Warmest regards,

    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think West Elm reflects the best in contemporary taste.
    I love it here in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are totally correct on that. I visited Brooks Brothers one mid-day and everyone was super de duper helpful. I then realized some important people were 2 seconds from coming in. I had to tell all the sales associates at one time to stop asking me if I need anything. I said, "I got this!"

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - Yes Rashon, I felt the same way ;-). It's interesting to have read how many have not been in a West Elm. I forget sometimes, not all companies are at every turn (like a Walgreens on every corner). I recently also learned, ZGallerie isn't in NJ or NYC (yet!)

    Thanks for stopping by Rashon, Elizabeth, Linda, Sarah, Mona, Lisa, Laurie and 'wonderfullydomestic'and taking the time to comment !!

    xo Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails