Pottery Barn Trunks, Fall and the Look for Less From Thrift

Tuesday I received a new catalog from Pottery Barn. Like many of you, I enjoy flipping through their styled images, looking for seasonal inspirations - then go thrift it for less! Since I was going to be near their store location in Chandler yesterday (after meeting a friend for lunch!) I popped in to see if the store reflected the catalog (sorry - can't help it - it's part of my retail DNA) Although they didn't have any Halloween set (yet) like featured in the catalog, there were still several artfully arranged vignettes and store presentations to be inspired by - for Fall - which next to Christmas is probably my fave time of year to decorate...

GREAT colorway display of candles in fall color tones...
Love how it relates to the striped linen bench...


Another colorway display used for dinnerware...
A colorway is how a store displays all colors available in a selected item...


LOVE the layered woven rugs...
(I've been layering rugs here in AZ too!)


Lovely vintage inspired workspace display mixed with colored glass
greats customers at the secondary entrance (from the parking lot)



Loving that suazanni stool and great fall colors at their mall entrance focal point...



Last year, I had wanted to do this and this year I WILL:
Frame photos of horses - I took several shots on a trip to Georgia in 2010, so this will be a great way to personalize our space for Fall...



Lately, I've been obsessing with silver...
I started a little collection, but through THRIFT...


These I scored at Goodwill, each under $5
vs. Pottery Barn's pieces which could be $30 or more each...


Love the look!


I thought this was unique:
I ticking stripe covered pinboard on a small metal easel - vintage inspired vibe...


GREAT conversation piece for a coffee table
and fun way to display collectibles or photographs...


The trunk trend continues....
This little lovely was $399 vs. thrift from $99 down to $8

My thrifted trunks for the guest room...
Top at $8 and bottom was $20



LOVE the farm-style dining table with its black legs + apron and wood stained top
(I think it was $899 - but don't quote me, need to recheck that)
It reminded me of my thrifted dining table I refinished for my workspace upstairs...

My thrifted table I refinished was $24.99...
It was white and light wood butcher block I picked up at Goodwill
(I think last December - January)



Loving the vintage vibe of this vignette - workspace display...


Autumn leaves displayed in vintage-inspired color glass vessels...


Stacked vintage-inspired luggage, baskets and colored glass lamps with woven shades,
just like on the catalog cover...

Pottery Barn cover...


If not through thrift, antique shops can be another source for
matching up a Pottery Barn look for less...
If you're in Miami, check out Stoneage Antiques...



or a vintage market in Phoenix called Sweet Salvage...


Last year, I didn't really get to enjoy Fall (or decorating for Halloween at all because of the move) so I'm really looking forward to it this year... Where are some of your fave places for inspiration or to collect thrift?


Thanks for stopping by!








5 comments:

  1. love those old trunks, and yours was a steal at 8 dollars! i didn' decorate for fall or halloween last year either, so i hope i feel like it this go round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Post! Potterybarn was a huge contributer to me falling in love with Interior design, and this is great!! I always look for ways to duplicate their look with a lesser price tag, this was right up my ally! Thanks so much for all the great tips, always love your taste :) ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how you display your silver. You always inspire me with your seasonal refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how you've highlighted what I'm calling New Harvest color group: buttery gold, stone, wheat, milky brown, tomato andsage, and the updated additions of berry, aubergine and teal. The hanging candles here are exactly what inspired me a month ago to create fabrics for De Leo Textiles' December 2012 collection that reflect those colors. I also spotted in some Target home collections, although currently being pushed aside by Back to College. And of course, we've seen them in fashion/apparel. I believe this new version is poised for a move to bring "harvest" back to home fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure miss having Pottery Barn close by. I visit the outlet often. Love the trunks and silver trays you've found thrifting- those are great finds. Browsing PB is a great way to get inspired and excited for Fall.

    Julie at Simply Savvy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails