OSCARS 2013

Pale polished looks plus metallics seemed to rule the red carpet looks last night! My absolute FAVE for Best Dressed was Charlize Theron in a stark white Christian Dior Haute Couture gown - from cropped hair, to natural make-up, to minimal accessories and structured gown she was just pure elegance! A nod to old Hollywood glam, and IMO looking her best all red-carpet season was Jessica Chastain wearing a strapless Armani Prive gown with Christian Louboutin heels - Again with minimal accessories and LOVED the wave in her long locks. Another fave for the look, but unfortunate wardrobe mishap was Jennifer Lawrence in her blush Dior Haute Couture gown. I felt SO BAD for her when she slipped and fell on the stairs going up to receive her award - but she made a quick and graceful recovery! Besides the pale minimal looks on the red carpet last night were marvelous metallics in noir, silver and gold, hues in blues, and a 'hint' of mint for Spring...



 

Charilze wins my vote for BEST DRESSED! Loved!


Pale shades... 



Metallics with gold... 



Metallics with silver...



Deep hues of blue were also popular. While I appreciated the attempt at a "Hi/Low" look from Helen Hunt's dress by H&M, it wrinkled like crazy - Not very Red Carpet. But Jennifer Hudson looked stunning both on the red carpet and for her Dream Girls performance of "I am telling you!" Yeah - she told us... SHE ROCKED!



 Alicia Vikander is lovely in Elie Saab


 Amy Adams looked stunning in a Oscar de la Renta gown.

The best part of the Oscars was watching all the arrivals. IMO - I didn't care for the show... I kept it on while pinning Spring Trends for 2013! Did you watch the Oscars? What was some of your fave moments and fave dress?

An absolute FAVE of mine from one of the Pre-Oscar parties was a stripe & strapless jumpsuit from Chanel... 


and I also LOVED Jennifer Lawrence's take on a tux!




Thanks for stopping by...




1 comment:

  1. My daughter and I just watched the preshow. We love to see all the dresses. My favorite was Charlize Theron too! I thought she looked stunning and elegant!! It was nice to see beautiful dresses and not smutty dresses for a change. It showed all the natural beauty of all the women.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails